Meet Me At The Cupcake Cafe by Jenny Colgan.

It's not very often that I read a book and make the end pages last as long as possible to avoid the story being over, but that's just what happened with Meet Me At The Cupcake Cafe by Jenny Colgan. I patiently waited until I had the house to myself, a Yankee Candle burning away, cup of tea in hand, PJs on, and I finished the book genuinely sad that it's not real.

Maybe I need to get out more, or perhaps it's just a very well written book with all the makings of a winner - a loveable main character, baking (complete with recipes throughout), romance and plenty of ups and downs to keep you gripped.

I really wanted this book to be brilliant, purely because the cover is so damn pretty and with the promise of cupcakes in a "chick lit" style book I was instantly drawn in. Initially I was surprised at the thickness of the book and wondered how the story could possibly be so long, but I could have happily read on and on and on..!

Issy Randall can bake. No, more than that – Issy can create stunning, mouth-wateringly divine cakes. After a childhood spent in her beloved Grampa Joe’s bakery she has undoubtedly inherited his talent. So when she’s made redundant from her safe but dull City job, Issy decides to seize the moment and open up her own cafĂ©. It should be a piece of cake, right?

Wrong. As her friends point out, she has trouble remembering where she left her house keys, let alone trying to run her own business. But Issy is determined. Armed with recipes posted to her from Grampa, and with her local bank manager fighting her corner, Issy attempts to prove everyone wrong. Following your dreams is never easy and this is no exception. Can Issy do it?

I have read a fair few "chick lit" books in my time and often the characters can be hard to relate to, sometimes downright unlikeable. Issy was caring and warm, and it was easy to like her character and will her to do well.

This is the second Jenny Colgan book I've read, having not enjoyed the first one all that much. I'm glad I didn't give up and I gave Jenny's books another go. Next on my list is Welcome To Rosie Hopkins' Sweetshop Of Dreams which I'm hoping will be a fab read. A book about sweets? Yes please!

Have you read Meet Me At The Cupcake Cafe? What did you think?
You have read this article book reviews with the title Meet Me At The Cupcake Cafe by Jenny Colgan.. You can bookmark this page URL https://oscarthemaori.blogspot.com/2012/04/meet-me-at-cupcake-cafe-by-jenny-colgan.html. Thanks!