Rimmel Apocalips - Celestial.

It has been hard to escape the clutches of the new Apocalips lip products from Rimmel recently. Bloggers have gone mad for them and I can see why. They're reasonably priced, especially if makeup is on a 3 for 2 offer in Boots which it often is, and the colours seem really pigmented and good value for money.

I was inspired by a few reviews and swatch posts (mainly Fleur, Vivianna and Lucy) to buy a couple for myself. I wasn't too sure which colours to go for but in the end I opted for Celestial and Stellar. I wanted one bright shade and one subtle shade and felt like Celestial and Stellar fitted the bill.


With it being such a long time since I have worn bright lipsticks I find Stellar pretty terrifying, although I did wear it recently on a night out using a dab of lip balm to mute it slightly.

Celestial is much more my cup of tea and seems like a shade that would be suitable for any kind of occasion. Plus it seems to suit my skin tone and I feel confident that I can pull it off.


Although the initial application gives really good coverage and a brilliant pop of colour, I actually prefer it when the colour has "settled" a little bit as I don't feel like it's as smudge-able or like I have it all over my teeth.

I am not sure whether I will venture further into the range and purchase any more, as I do prefer a regular lipstick formula over these "lip lacquers", but I am pleased with the colour Celestial and can see myself getting plenty of use out if it. Stellar, on the other hand, may take a bit more time to use up!

Have you tried any of the Apocalips colours? 
You have read this article beauty with the title Rimmel Apocalips - Celestial.. You can bookmark this page URL https://oscarthemaori.blogspot.com/2013/03/rimmel-apocalips-celestial.html. Thanks!