CHEMIN-A-HAUT STATE PARK - BASTROP, LA

Left Poverty Point State Park around 10:00 this morning and drove around trying to find the beach.  I took the road that was supposed to lead me there which is out of the campground itself, but it led me to a dead end.  Turned around and headed for our next park.

Arrived in Bastrop around noon and found a Walmart Pharmacy.  I needed to have my meds refilled.  So I shopped while waiting.  Bought some groceries and also a cute red blouse to cheer me up.

Got to the park and checked in for 2 nights.  No RV sites near water so took #1.  Walked the dog and tried to find the Bayou that is supposed to be here.  We walked a mile or so and still no water so returned to the campsite.  Tomorrow I'll walk down to the cabins which appear to be near water on the map.  If it's too far, I'll just wait till I leave and ride around in the coach.


See where my picnic table is?  Way behind the rear of my coach.  Not good.

Nice playground for kids.


 Chemin-A-Haut is French for "High Road," which describes an old trail used by Native Americans for their seasonal migrations.    Their brochure states that there are 12 miles of Equine trails along the Bayou Bartholomew.  Ok... so the horses get to enjoy the water views.

You have read this article with the title CHEMIN-A-HAUT STATE PARK - BASTROP, LA. You can bookmark this page URL https://oscarthemaori.blogspot.com/2012/03/chemin-haut-state-park-bastrop-la.html. Thanks!