Boots Original Beauty Formula

When it comes to skincare I have tried everything. My skin is very fussy and I tend to struggle with it most of the time. I like having pretty, expensive bottles in my bathroom but my skin tends to favour cheaper products (my purse isn't complaining).

I once tried Dermalogica. I had heard so many good things about it so I picked some up from the beauty salon I go to. A week later I had a rash all over my face (let's face it, noone wants that!). The Clinique 3 step soap, toner and moisturiser sucked the life out of my skin, and the toner just felt (and smelt) like paint stripper to me. The latest I have tried is Clarins. I went for an eyebrow wax and the beauty therapist was kind enough (!) to comment on my oily forehead (note that I haven't been back to her since). I felt obliged to get a new cleanser and toner which would apparently do wonders for me. Initially it seemed to clear my skin up but then it just stopped working and *sob* my oily forehead was back once more.

I paid a visit to Boots last week and came across their Original Formula collection. I'm a sucker for nice packaging and I instantly loved the old fashioned, vintage style of the bottles and tubs!




I decided to get the Cold Cream (50ml) - a bargain at £3.89 (that was with a £1 off promotion).

Yes it looks a little bit like what my granny would have used back in the day, but so far it is doing the trick! The cream is dead thick (which I like) and it has a nice fragrance. I rub it in all over my face and neck quite thickly, every morning and every evening, then rinse using a warm flannel. Then I have a quick once over with a face wipe and hey presto, all my make-up is off!

I also like the look of the Vanishing Day Cream which is currently on offer with £3 off and claims to "literally vanish into the skin" and is "blended to richly hydrate without leaving excess oils" which sounds good to me!

Has anyone used the Vanishing Day Cream? Is it as good as it sounds?

V xxx
You have read this article beauty with the title Boots Original Beauty Formula. You can bookmark this page URL https://oscarthemaori.blogspot.com/2009/06/boots-original-beauty-formula.html. Thanks!