2010.

As 2010 has come to an end I thought I would browse through some old blog posts and my oh my, my life has changed so much in the last 12 months. My world has been turned upside down and back again, and I wanted to put a few things down on paper (or, you know, the screen) for myself but also to share the highs and lows with you. 

I had quite a tough break up with my ex boyfriend in the Summer after 2 years together. We adopted Lily and Lola together, and also had his dog Geri, so it was like our little family had split up completely. We had to live together for a few weeks after we broke up until we could rent our house out to other tenants and it was the most stressful, painful 6 weeks of my life. I've rarely spoken to anyone about it because it was so tough. I threw myself into work as a distraction and concentrated on looking after Lily and Lola on my own.

I must give an extra special mention to the inspiration for my blog name, Lily and Lola. My 2 faithful pooches who always want to cuddle me no matter what. This time last year I shared the story of how I adopted them. It has now been 2 years with them in my life and boy oh boy, they certainly make life interesting! You can read that blog post here if you ever wondered how I came to find the little pooches.

January

At the beginning of 2010 I went to see Avatar and raved about it, it snowed and was very inconvenient for everyone, I had blonde hair, I visited Harrogate and Otley with my friend and I attended an event for Aussie!


February

I saw 500 Days of Summer which spawned by obsession for Zooey Deschanel, I turned 25, I dyed my hair back to its natural colour after 6 years of being a blondie, I visited Salts Mill & Little Germany, I made a delicious cake, I shared my style inspiration, and Lola modelled her favourite tee.


March

I got a fringe but envied every other fringe in existence, I discovered my least favourite nail polish, and found another that I loved, I shared my weight loss inspiration as I took part in a Weight Loss Challenge, I did some shopping, and shared some facts about little old me.


April

I listened to a lot of music, I felt robbed after a trip to the hairdressers, I reached 1000 subscribers, my Mum got in on the blogging action, my obsession with Next Home began, I bought this amazing tote bag, and my training for Race for Life was in full swing.


May

I saw my idol in the flesh when I went to see She & Him, I mentioned it again, I forgot the true meaning of blogging and thought I would quit, I began helping out with a new blog, Lost came to an end, and I bought my very first maxi dress!


June

My parents cat and my pal, Tufty, passed away, I discovered Green Monsters, I blogged for Next (and won!), I took part in my first Race for Life, and I went shopping in preparation for the Summer.


July

I went to Gibraltar to visit my Sister, Adele (here, here and here), and my 2 year relationship came to an end...


August

I thought about getting a tattoo (I didn't by the way!), I focussed on what makes me happy, I rejoined Twitter, and hardly took any photos it seems!

September

I found the perfect hair straighteners, my Sister got engaged, I was looking for love, and found it :)


October


November

I picked up the keys to my house, got excited about Christmas, it snowed and caused great inconvenience just like last year, and a certain someone made me very happy.



December

I went to Paris and had an amazing time. I took a million photos and shared some here, here and here. I also got dressed up for a Christmas party and had a look back at my resolutions from last year.



I wonder what next year will hold...

Happy new year!
You have read this article diary with the title 2010.. You can bookmark this page URL https://oscarthemaori.blogspot.com/2011/01/2010.html. Thanks!