Normal service will resume shortly.

We were lucky enough to visit Las Vegas in April of this year (I may have mentioned it once or twice...) which was brilliant. We didn't stop eating, walking, drinking iced tea (me) and beer (Jonathan) and spending time with family for the whole week, not to mention the fabulous hen party and wedding which was the reason we were there in the first place. However it was one of those holidays where you arrive home and subsequently get the blues because real life seems a bit rubbish when you've had such a brilliant time, and we felt like we needed another holiday to recover.

We pencilled in a week off in September and spent hours searching high and low for holidays, not really finding much that we fancied. Anyway, when we spotted a holiday to Tenerife which looked lovely and a bargain we snapped it up and here we are now, packing our cases (we're taking hand luggage only - easier than we thought!) and making sure we haven't forgotten anything.


I spent a bit of time with the dogs this morning in the garden soaking up the little bit of sun that made an appearance and telling them we would only be gone for a week, in the hopes that they could understand what I was saying, before dropping them off for their little holiday.

We fly from Manchester so after we have had some lunch and packed our last few bits we will have a steady drive over there, hopefully check in with no problems and settle down to have some tea at the airport before we fly.

My trusty travelling outfit is exactly the same thing I wore to fly to Vegas. My Brat & Suzie Boston Dog dress, trusty Next treggings (I hate that word!) and a cosy M&S cardi as I'm always chilly. Feet wise I haven't decided yet but I've been parading round in my patent ballerina pumps from Bloch (c/o Sarenza) as the bright colour is getting me in the mood for our holiday ahead so I'll either wear those or some other variation of pump.

I am really looking forward to a week of (hopefully) sunshine, relaxing, reading, swimming and eating whatever is put in front of me. I find it hard to relax and generally don't stop much in my day to day life, finding it a waste of time to sit and do nothing, but I think I'll give myself a week off from that and make the most of it.

It will be the first beach holiday Jonathan and I have been on as our other trips to Paris, Vegas and road tripping it round Cornwall and Bath were much busier and involved walking until our legs fell off.


I am going to miss Lily and Lola's little faces - I don't like being apart from them, but I'm sure they won't notice. As long as they are fed they're happy as larry! I will be glad to pick them up when we get home though.

It is strange being in the house without them, mainly because there's nobody following me to the toilet, snoring loudly or tripping me up on the stairs. I wouldn't have it any other way though!

I'm hoping to share some photos on my Instagram account (username: lilyloveslola) while we're away so be sure to pop along if you want to see them. See you in a week! :)

You have read this article adventures / diary / fashion / lily and lola / Sarenza with the title Normal service will resume shortly.. You can bookmark this page URL http://oscarthemaori.blogspot.com/2012/09/normal-service-will-resume-shortly.html. Thanks!