Review: Aveeno Hand Cream & Moisturising Creamy Oil

I was sent a couple of items from Aveeno for reviewing purposes and I've been busy trying them out. I really like both of the products and wanted to share my thoughts with you. As always I review things with a sensible, impartial approach and I only give honest reviews. First I'll tell you a little about Aveeno and then I'll talk about the two things I tried.


The makers of Aveeno have captured the benefits of naturally active ingredients such as colloidal oatmeal and shea butter, in products specially formulated to give you beautiful, soft and healthy-looking skin.

Over half of British women suffer from dry skin which is often made worse by the harsh conditions of winter weather. The Aveeno range is suitable for the management of dry skin and is also suitable for people who may be prone to eczema, and provides an effective way of undoing winter weather damage.

Aveeno uses naturally active ingredients from nature which are proven to benefit the skin. Oats have long been known for being absorptive and hypoallergenic, whilst softening, cleansing and soothing the skin. In 1945 scientific advances made way for the fine milling of oatmeal into "colloidal oatmeal". This allows oatmeal to retain its naturally active benefits, which include:

* Moisturising skin: Oat proteins leave a protective barrier on the skin, which prevents water loss to help maintain moisture.
* Cleansing dry skin: Oats are naturally absorptive and when in powder form, act like tiny sponges to withdraw dirt and dead skin cells so they can be rinsed away.
* Soothing dry, irritated skin: Colloidal oatmeal has been clinically proven to relieve dry skin and associated itching.

I was sent the Moisturising Creamy Oil and the Hand Cream. Both claim to be non greasy which I 100% agree with.


The Moisturising Creamy Oil is meant to moisturise like an oil but absorb like a cream. I LOVE this stuff. I have been applying it like crazy because I have been so impressed with the formula and the results. The product itself is quite runny but, as claimed, it absorbs like a cream and leaves my skin feeling really moisturised with absolutely no stickiness. It also leaves behind a lovely scent - it contains sweet almond oil. I can definitely smell the almond and the oatmeal too - such a nice smell but not too overpowering.

The Hand Cream claims to moisturise for 24 hours and lasts through hand washing. This is a lovely hand cream which is super moisturising without leaving any greasy feeling behind. It has a lovely oatmeal smell to it but there's no almond oil so the body lotion is my favourite out of the two - I could sniff it all day long!

I have wanted to try Aveeno products for a while now ever since my Mum tried one of the face creams on holiday in the US and loved it - but it isn't available in the UK so she has to rely on Ebay to get her hands on it. I'm really glad I got to try the brand and I would definitely purchase more products in the future.

For more info visit the Aveeno website HERE, the Facebook page HERE or become an Aveeno Discoverer by clicking HERE.

Aveeno is sold at Boots stores.
You have read this article beauty with the title Review: Aveeno Hand Cream & Moisturising Creamy Oil. You can bookmark this page URL http://oscarthemaori.blogspot.com/2010/02/review-aveeno-hand-cream-moisturising.html. Thanks!