Etsy treasury: Don't be cross. Stitch!

I am often asked where I find cross stitch patterns to make my crafty projects. The answer is very simple as I mainly use Cross Stitcher magazine (which is brilliant) and Etsy. You can find a pattern for pretty much any type of cross stitch project on there, from the sublime to the ridiculous and everything inbetween. A quick search for "cross stitch patterns" will give you thousands to scroll through, although don't blame me if you spend far too much time trying to look at them all!

I tend to steer towards silly patterns, my favourite being by weelittlestitches, as they're so much fun to make and everyone seems to love them, but I also like to make more sensible and/or traditional stitched things too as gifts.

Top: 1 / 2 / 3
Bottom: 1 / 2 / 3

I thought I'd share some of my favourite patterns with you and link to the different sellers. Hopefully you will be inspired to pick up a needle and thread and stitch something. The best thing about buying a pattern online is that they're only a few pounds each and you can keep the PDF to stitch the design over and over again.

I hope you see something you like. There's a little bit of everything here, from simple beginner patterns to slightly bigger and more intricate designs, so I hope they will give you a few ideas for your future projects.

Happy stitching!

Top: 1 / 2 / 3
Middle: 1 / 2 / 3
Bottom: 1 / 2 / 3
You have read this article Etsy treasuries / share the love with the title Etsy treasury: Don't be cross. Stitch!. You can bookmark this page URL http://oscarthemaori.blogspot.com/2012/08/etsy-treasury-don-be-cross-stitch.html. Thanks!