We are all made of air. There's stars in my eyes and there's sun in my hair.

It has been a bit of a funny week this past week, full of change and nerves and catching up on jobs around the house. Oh, and watching the Olympics rather a lot! 

I started my new job on Monday which has all been going well. It's such a contrast compared to my old routine where I was in the car commuting for at least 2 hours a day. Now I can hop in the car and be there in 15 - 20 minutes and as I'm doing fewer hours I've had so much more free time (filled with doing loads of washing and hoovering, but hey it's still free time).

I added a couple of new bracelets to my shops yesterday (Etsy here / Bigcartel here). I'll be adding lots more over the next few weeks now that I have more time to work on designs but in the meantime you can have a nosy at these two bracelets: a super tiny gold skull charm on red silk thread, with a gold lobster clasp fastening, and a "lucky star" bracelet which is already available in red but now comes on gold/yellow silk thread too.


I love working with this silk thread. It's very delicate but as I have quite small wrists I'm a big fan of delicate jewellery. I hope you like them. Please pop over to my shops to have a look if you get a spare minute, I'd really appreciate it.
I've been meaning to share a new recipe with you, as last weekend Jonathan and I tried moussaka which I can't recall ever eating before. I think I used to be a bit scared of aubergines, but seemingly not anymore! I made the topping and Jonathan made everything else and it was incredible! It wouldn't all fit in our dish so we made another mini moussaka which I had for lunch the next day. Score! Here's the recipe if you're interested. 
Since I became a vegetarian it has been nice to have the odd vegetarian meal that we can both eat, as opposed to cooking things seperately so that Jonathan can have meat in his. Extra washing up is never a good thing!

Before the topping went on. I suppose you could just eat it like this if you wanted to!


We have been absolutely HOOKED on the Olympics in our house over the past 2 weeks, and there was little old me before it started saying I probably wouldn't watch too much of it as I'm not really a fan of watching sports. 
Next thing I know I'm staying up until 1am to watch the opening ceremony, jumping up and down cheering on Mo Farah, Jessica Ennis and the rest of Team GB, and well and truly getting into the Olympic spirit!

I'm determined to get me some Jessica Ennis abs. I just need to put the biscuit tin down for long enough...

I think the coverage has been fantastic and we have loved watching. It only comes around every 4 years so we have made the most of watching and will be sad when it is all over (although the Paralympics are still to come!)
We're already talking about a trip to Rio in 2016... ;)
You have read this article diary / Lily loves Lola on Etsy and Bigcartel / miscellaneous with the title We are all made of air. There's stars in my eyes and there's sun in my hair.. You can bookmark this page URL http://oscarthemaori.blogspot.com/2012/08/we-are-all-made-of-air-there-stars-in.html. Thanks!