Falafel burgers.

Since I decided to become a vegetarian all of a sudden a few weeks ago I've been dying to make falafel as I love it so much. I could eat falafel and houmous every day if I could but I fear I'd turn into a giant chickpea...

I found a great recipe for falafel burgers and first tried it out a couple of weekends ago where it was a great success. I enjoyed them so much that I made them again on Saturday.


They are so easy to make. It's just a case of throwing all of your ingredients into a blender and whizzing everything up. The first time I followed the recipe to the letter but the second time I just threw a bit of everything and anything in, and substituted some of the ingredients I didn't have.


Once you've got your falafel mix ready you just make burger size pieces and fry them for about 3-4 minutes each side. The recipe says 3 minutes each side but I found they needed a little longer than this but that's mainly because I wanted them to be quite crispy on the outside.

The first time I served the burgers with toasted pitta bread, salad, homemade chips and some loads of tomato relish. The second time I changed the pitta for a ciabatta.


Yum! They were really tasty and so easy to make. I'm not a great lover of cooking (I prefer baking) but they were a no brainer. You could adapt the recipe and put all sorts of different things in depending on your taste. Plus the best bit is they're only 161 calories per burger if you follow the recipe so it means you can have more chips. Winner!

Little Chef (my helper)
You have read this article baking and cooking with the title Falafel burgers.. You can bookmark this page URL http://oscarthemaori.blogspot.com/2012/06/falafel-burgers.html. Thanks!