THE TCHEFUNCTE RIVER

It was really cold last night. Got into the 20s. I stayed nice and warm with my little electric fireplace in the bedroom. This morning I took the dog for her walk and we wound up near the river. Boy is it nice in that section of the park. I was very surprised and my impression of the park changed. I would definitely return here if I made sure I got certain spots. My favorite is # 77 facing the Tchefuncte River.  Next favorites are #76 and #61.

Look Momi... some water!!!


Come on Momi, follow me.


I returned to the office and paid for another night and requested to change sites. I was given several choices but the one I wanted was not available. I took the one next to it which does give me a view of the river. As soon as I hooked up I could hear boats nearby. It was a Mardi Gras River Parade. I grabbed the dog and the camera and ran to the river but didn’t get very many good shots.


On the way there I met my neighbors who are from Nova Scotia. Had a nice chat and told them I had been there in the 1980s and would love to return someday. They have two beautiful little Shelties and Xi Shi wanted to follow them everywhere.



Xi Shi and I took a walk down one of the nature trails via the boardwalk and I kept my eyes out for any gators but didn’t see any.


Taken from the river.  I'm in the center of the shot.

I was hoping she wouldn't jump in.  She loves to go swimming.





Walked over to the boat launch and then back to the campsite. Had a late lunch and downloaded the photos. This area reminds me of where I was raised. Lots of swampy area and cypress trees and palmettoes. I would love to do some fishing but didn’t purchase a license. I’ll do that before my next trip. Not sure if I want to stay another few days or not. I’ll make that decision tomorrow.

Having shrimp for supper.  Brought from home frozen.
You have read this article with the title THE TCHEFUNCTE RIVER. You can bookmark this page URL http://oscarthemaori.blogspot.com/2012/02/the-tchefuncte-river.html. Thanks!