First a "super" wedding.. now a "super" cross stitch.

You may have seen the blog post I did on the wedding we went to in Sheffield a few weeks ago at the Botanical Gardens. The bride and groom are comic book enthusiasts and love all manner of superheroes and heroines.

When I found the weelittlestitches shop on Etsy I immediately wanted to make all of the patterns. After sharing the shop with Jonathan who declared he would learn how to cross stitch because they were so awesome (he hasn't btw!) I bought 3 patterns.

We decided it would be a nice idea to make something for the bride and groom for when they return from their 3 week American road trip (not jealous one bit...) using the Justice League of America pattern that I purchased.


I took the Superman and Wonder Woman figures and cross stitched them onto some white evenweave fabric using the colours on the chart (I used DMC thread). I added their names and the date of the wedding using a simple back stitch and voila! One Ikea frame later and I think it looks rather good, even if I do say so myself.

The bride returns to work tomorrow after 3 weeks off so hopefully a little present will cheer her up.

You have read this article crafts with the title First a "super" wedding.. now a "super" cross stitch.. You can bookmark this page URL http://oscarthemaori.blogspot.com/2012/07/first-wedding-now-cross-stitch.html. Thanks!