My Cornishware collection (& a new addition!)

I have been a fan of Cornishware products for a while but it was only after my parents bought Jonathan a Cornishware teapot the Christmas before last that our obsession really began. My aim is to fill our kitchen (and house - hello toothbrush holder!) with lots of blue and white striped goodness.

We received a few more items last Christmas from generous family members and, more recently, I was sent an item of Cornishware to review which I was ever so happy about.

As well as the teapot we have 2 mugs which we would like to expand into a full set, a little pot which is empty at the moment but has plans to be for sugar, and a garlic keeper which is my favourite piece that we have. Our newest addition, which I picked from the online store, is the tea caddy.


We love our new tea caddy as it is huge and holds lots of teabags (which is a good job as we get through quite a lot!) At £30 it does seem more expensive than run of the mill teabag storage but you know you're getting good quality items that are going to stand the test of time.

Do you own any Cornishware or do you know much about the company?

Cornish Kitchen Ware was first produced in 1926 by T.G.Green & Co in Church Gresley, Derbyshire, a county famed for its pottery. The range’s special characteristic came from the lathe-turning process, which cut clean bands through its beautiful blue slip to show the white clay beneath. It was apparently this that inspired the name, since it reminded one T.G.Green & Co. employee of the clear blues and white-tipped waves of Cornwall.

Tea caddy c/o Cornishware

Our collection is going to be an ongoing project but next on our wishlist is the utensils jar. I'd also like to build up a collection of plates and bowls, as well as more mugs. Eventually I'd like us to redo our kitchen with a total 'country kitchen' theme but one thing at a time ay :)

If you'd like to have a look for yourself the link to their online store is here. They're also on Twitter and Facebook if you want to keep up to date with their news and hear of any giveaways.
You have read this article home sweet home / share the love with the title My Cornishware collection (& a new addition!). You can bookmark this page URL http://oscarthemaori.blogspot.com/2012/05/my-cornishware-collection-new-addition.html. Thanks!