Tapas and treats.

Last weekend we arranged to meet up with our friends to go for lunch, but between places being fully booked, not open for lunch or not having any vegetarian options (my bad!) we eventually decided on The Mediterranean in Sheffield which promised authentic Spanish tapas.


The restaurant itself is lovely inside sporting a blue and white theme, very appropriate. The service was great, really attentive, and we weren't waiting long for our food to arrive. The great thing about tapas is it just comes out when it's ready so you can start to tuck in and wade your way through the mountains of food you have ordered!

My only criticism, as a vegetarian, would be that if I went back I would have to order the same things again as only about 1/4 of the tapas menu was suitable, but that's my hard luck I suppose. The main menu didn't have anything I could have, but I did clock some tasty stuff on the "specials" board including a vegetable moussaka. The meat eaters were particularly enamoured with the seafood stew, and I really like my stuffed baby aubergines which were stuffed with Spanish rice and pine nuts.


After we were suitably stuffed from lunch, my friend Katy mentioned that Fancie wasn't too far so I suggested we call there before heading home, as there's always room for cake! I opted for the Raspberry & Almond cupcake which was huge, yummy and had the biggest mound of frosting on the top which admittedly, after a big lunch, was a struggle to finish. Having picked up a loyalty card I plan to head back again soon to try their other flavours. It's so hard to choose as they all sound amazing but I particularly like the look and sound of the Carrot and Snickerlicious flavours.


For the rest of the weekend I was pretty much at home alone as Jonathan was out playing badminton matches and watching a couple of ice hockey games. I didn't mind too much as it gave me the chance to watch The Notebook and cry my little eyes out under a duvet on the sofa without feeling too silly. I also did some reading, made a start on making my Christmas cards (yes I know, very organised!) and danced around the living room to Hairspray, fast forwarding to the best songs.

Using one of my Sarenza ambassador vouchers I recently ordered a new pair of trainers/shoes/pumps (not sure what to call them?!) by Vans (specifically the Authentic Lo Pro W's) and wore them for the first time over the weekend when there was a break in the rain. My faithful Keds are starting to look a tad worn as I wear them all the time, so I thought I'd try a brand that is new to me.

I was torn between this pair and the red/white striped pair but I thought that black/white would be easier to match up to outfits. I plan to wear them with jeans and a jumper on casual days. My aim is to keep them looking clean and to keep the white bits white, but if they go the same way as my Keds (i.e. super comfortable, easy to slip on and always waiting by the back door) then I'll get plenty of wear out of them and they won't look new for long.


If Vans are new to you too, then here's a little bit about them:

Vans was created in 1966 by Paul Van Doren. The first brand store opened in Anaheim in California and it was in 1976 that skateboarders started taking an interest in the brand's shoes. Aware of what was happening, Vans listened to what they wanted and on 19 March 1976, the very first Era was launched in two colours, red and blue. The shoe was created by two professional skateboarders, Tony Alva and Stacy Peralta. The Slip On was introduced in 1979 in California. Today the Vans collection includes over 60 different styles!




You have read this article diary / fashion / Sarenza with the title Tapas and treats.. You can bookmark this page URL http://oscarthemaori.blogspot.com/2012/10/tapas-and-treats.html. Thanks!