Birthday.

I turned 26 on the 3 of February and to celebrate, myself and the boy made some nice plans and took 2 days off (thank God for having lots of annual leave left to take before the end of March!)

The night before my birthday we checked into a little hotel in the centre of Leeds (thanks for Pug-sitting Mum!) and went to Bibi's in Leeds - an amazing Italian restaurant with gorgeous art deco decor and wonderful food. We went on one of their "Showtime" nights so there was a 6 piece live band playing ALL of my favourites - My Girl, Stand by Me, Sitting on the Dock of the Bay.. just brilliant!


I wore my new Dorothy Perkins skinny jeans (£12 in the sale, perfect fit? Yes please!) and my oldie but goodie Topshop platforms, and a black Topshop top with ruffles on the sleeves.

We had a wonderful time. I had a goats cheese tart to start, salmon for my main, and a cup of tea to finish things off, and a few glasses of wine in between. The salmon was cooked to perfection and came with lots of tasty veg and potatoes.

The band were amazing and so talented, and we had a great time singing along. We went on for a little drink afterwards and then headed back to the hotel for some zzzz's.


The next day we got up feeling a little bit tired (we're not getting any younger and we're usually in bed asleep by 10pm! hehe). After a sneaky McDonald's breakfast we picked up the Pugs and I got my cards and presents from my Mum and Dad's house and took them back to my little house to open, along with a few bits and bobs from people at work. My friend from work got me a gorgeous River Island scarf - I love scarves at the moment so it was a perfect gift. My friends in the Training Dept got me some lovely Avon smellies and chocolate. 

From my family I mainly got money and vouchers for River Island and Primark. I've done very well indeed! Losing weight means the majority of my clothes are too big so I'm in need of some new things. As mentioned here I got a blender, and an electric whisk, from Jonathan's parents so expect lots of baking posts now we can whisk properly! And Jonathan got me knitting lessons amongst other things which I'm SO excited about.

After a spot of lunch we headed out to a place called Newmillerdam to have a nosy at houses and to have a little wander. We found some very friendly fellas along the way...


Jonathan cooked me a wonderful tea of salmon with hollandaise sauce and a few trimmings followed by a little sneaky treat from Waitrose. I opted for a giant strawberry fondant fancy and I can honestly say it was YUMMY.

We settled down to watch The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo which we both thoroughly enjoyed, ready for an exciting day at Eden Camp the following day. But I'll talk about that another time :)

You have read this article diary with the title Birthday.. You can bookmark this page URL http://oscarthemaori.blogspot.com/2011/02/birthday.html. Thanks!