Back to basics.

Yesterday we had a pretty lazy day with a trip to Meadowhall thrown in the middle as I needed a new blazer for an interview and we wanted to check out the Next sale (which was pretty good as it happens. The bad weather had stopped people clearing it all out on Saturday!)

My outfit consisted of a few bits I was sent recently from Joe Browns, a clothing and accessories store who dabble in homewares too. They kindly allowed me to select a few items so I went for the basic t shirt dress in charcoal, a bird print scarf as I'm obsessed with scarves and this one is particularly pretty, and a cord and chain bracelet.

The t shirt dress is one of those items I wish I had a million of, in all different colours. It's a great basic piece and is such lovely, soft material so when worn with leggings or tights it makes for a really comfortable outfit, perfect for a day of shopping and relaxing.


I love the little detail on the back of the dress with the red stitching from the label, and the tiny heart shaped button on the bottom hem. The dress also has a tie round the back which is great for creating a bit of shape and cinching the fabric in around the waist.

The scarf is a welcome addition to my collection and the black and white print will be easy to wear with other dresses and tops. I often wear scarves to work with plain tops and a blazer so I'll get plenty of wear out of this one.

I love the bracelet. I'm not a huge jewellery wearer but I like that this bracelet, which is a mixture of cord and chains, can add a bit of interest to an otherwise plain outfit and at only £6.95 it's a bit of a bargain. I'm trying to make more of an effort to wear jewellery but I find that bracelets are too big for my wrists. This one has an adjustable fastening so it's perfect for me!

All items pictured c/o Joe Browns

Joe Browns isn't somewhere I have shopped before but I have been impressed with the quality of the pieces I chose and would definitely bookmark the website for future browsing.

The core essentials section features some great items that would be perfect for work wear and the basic tunic they do in taupe would be another item I'd love to own in my wardrobe.

I hope you like the items I chose. I do love to be comfortable, especially when I'm walking round the shops for a couple of hours and lounging around at home so this, for me, is the perfect kind of outfit. A coat, my Ray Bans and my trusty black boots completed my outfit!

 photo bloglovin-2.png  photo twitter-3.png  photo facebook-3.png  photo instagram-2.png


You have read this article fashion / share the love with the title Back to basics.. You can bookmark this page URL http://oscarthemaori.blogspot.com/2013/03/back-to-basics.html. Thanks!