Stitching up a storm.


I have been a busy bee recently working on a few different crafty projects and stitching cards and such. I have had a bit more free time than usual which has given me time to get out my storage box full of supplies and start some new projects.

Actually, one of the things I made recently wasn't from my stash of supplies at all but it was a free kit that came with the last issue of Cross Stitcher magazine. I really liked the design and thought it would make a lovely Mothers Day card (don't worry, this won't spoil anything. The card has already been posted and opened!)


The colours on the design were so pretty, bright and cheery and I really enjoyed doing this design, although I have just spotted a little bit of backstitching I missed. Darn it! I also gave the "French knots" a miss as they take me forever and a day to master.

The finished piece of stitching looked great in the pink polka dot aperture card. I think I will make cards using aperture frames more often.

I have also been working on a design by The Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery. The Woodland Sampler to be precise. I signed up a few months ago when it was on special offer for $10.00.

Each month a new design is released and emailed out to the subscribers by email in a PDF. The PDF not only contains the pattern but handy hints/tips and details of the floss colours you will need. The detail that goes into the PDFs means that this project would be perfect for beginners, but it is also a lot of fun for cross stitching pros.


I am a little bit behind, only being halfway through the February design at the moment, but it won't be long until I have finished and can move onto March. The January design, with the two deers and snowflakes, is so cute.

I used the floss colour chart as best as I could then substituted any colours I don't own by picking the closest match (to save buying lots of new thread). I am using cream evenweave fabric as I had a spare piece laying around waiting to be used.

Once I am up to date it will be quite nice to have a small project to do each month when the emails are sent out. Plus, you know that December will be here before we know it and I will have my completed design to look back on and frame for the wall. I'll definitely share the finished piece with you, if not a few of the months as we go along too.

Are you working on any crafty projects at the moment? Send me a link, I'd love to have a nosy!

You have read this article crafts / DIY with the title Stitching up a storm.. You can bookmark this page URL http://oscarthemaori.blogspot.com/2013/03/stitching-up-storm.html. Thanks!