Harry Potter Studio Tour.

Last Thursday Jonathan and I visited the Harry Potter Studio Tour in London. We have wanted to go for so long but were a bit put off by the long journey so when our friends said they wanted to visit we decided to make a road trip of it which also coincided with my friend Katy's 30th birthday celebrations.

Due to accidents on the M1 both on the way there and the way home we got stuck in traffic and almost  missed our alloted ticket time and our dinner reservations in the evening, but as we were armed with Revels and Pringles (and a couple of us nodded off on the way home...) it wasn't so bad. We made it in one piece which is the main thing!


I don't want to share too much with you on here as I think it's all best kept as a surprise. I hadn't seen many photos before I visited and didn't really know what to expect so everything came as a huge surprise and it was brilliant. It surpassed my expectations by such a long way and the attention to detail was outstanding. 

So if you want to see a few snippets keep reading. If not, book a ticket and go asap. You won't be disappointed! Promise :)


So what is actually at the Studio Tour you ask? What's not there more like! Costumes, props, sets, masks, inside secrets and tricks of the trade, snippets of information at every turn, how "green screen" works, and if that's not enough for you there's... oh yes, Diagon blimmin Alley and a Hogwarts model! It is like a Harry Potter overdose and we loved every minute of it.

If the inside stuff isn't good enough you then step outside and you will be confronted with food and Butterbeer, before having ample photo opportunities in front of 4 Privet Drive, the Knight Bus, a Ford Anglia and a whole host of other things. And that's all before entering the gift shop!


I love Harry Potter and have done ever since I discovered the books, reading book 4 first then having to go back to the beginning to read them all. The Postman would always grumble when he delivered the new books that all the eager folk had pre ordered from Amazon as they weighed down his post sack! I wore a Gryffindor t shirt to Sixth Form more times than I care to mention, and somewhere in the loft I'm sure there are boxes of old HP jigsaws and teddies somewhere. Also the less said about the jeering I endured queuing at midnight to see the new films the better!

I hope I have left enough mystery for you to plan your visit. If you do, make sure you have a cup of Butterbeer. It's delicious!

You have read this article adventures / diary with the title Harry Potter Studio Tour.. You can bookmark this page URL http://oscarthemaori.blogspot.com/2012/12/harry-potter-studio-tour.html. Thanks!