Recent beauty buys.

I am a sucker for Rimmel now that Zooey Deschanel fronts the campaigns and there's less of the over-the-hill Kate Moss. A few weeks ago I picked up the Day 2 Night mascara which had £2 off at the time. I have been pleasantly surprised by this mascara. The 'length' wand on its own gives me the perfect look for work - nicely seperated lashes, a good coat of colour, and no clumps. The volume wand transforms my lashes into a slightly heavier, evening look. (For a much funnier review of this mascara click here. I did chuckle reading this!)


I turned to Simple recently for a new day time moisturiser as I have had numerous skin problems for months upon months, and I am trying to stick to skin-friendly products. This moisturiser is actually pretty good. It sinks in immediately, provides a smooth makeup base, and is non-offensive in smell or feel. Plus it didn't break the bank!


As my Eucerin face wash and toner came to an end last week and I didn't fancy paying almost £10 each to repurchase them (they have been brilliant, but I'm a cheap skate at heart!) I opted for a cheaper alternative in Botanics. I am sure I just imagined it but my skin seemed to look much better after just one day of using this cleansing mousse followed by the rosewater toner.

I much prefer a wash/mousse/foaming cleanser as opposed to a lotion and this one doesn't disappoint. It manages to remove most of my makeup so just a quick swipe of the toner on a cotton wool pad is needed. I'll update on this again in a few weeks time.

My only whinge is that it wasn't on 3 for 2 like it always seems to be, so I couldn't get a third item free!


Not much to say on this one. I have used Double Wear foundation since I started wearing makeup about ten years ago. When my last bottle ran out I tried to find an alternative, and although I found a good Rimmel one I just missed the good coverage and staying power.

A bottle of Double Wear is steep at £26.50 but a bottle easily lasts me 6 months +.


I have also been trying the Double Wear concealer for the first time which is around £18. Again, quite expensive for a concealer but you only need a tiny amount which goes a long way. This is really good at covering my dark circles and I have got no complaints here.


What have you been buying lately?
You have read this article beauty with the title Recent beauty buys.. You can bookmark this page URL http://oscarthemaori.blogspot.com/2011/07/recent-beauty-buys.html. Thanks!