HIPPY DECOR

When I brought my coach home last September I was not exactly in love with it.  It had the lay out I wanted but the decor sucked... if you know what I mean.  My idea of color does not include brown, tan, taupe, beige, or any other shade of what I call "non-colors."  I am into bright, bold, primary colors that I refer to as a Caribbean Style... reds, oranges, blues, yellows and especially turquoise.  So I set out to cover that horrible brown with a soft shade of blue with splashes of my other favorite colors thrown in.

Then I decided my coach needed a name and a theme.  I had recently purchased a new wardrobe to begin my new adventure.  These clothes were meant to help in my transformation.  I've always loved the bohemian look so that's what I bought.  Lots of clothes purchased from Gypsy Boho websites.  That's it.  That's the name of my coach.  Now for a theme.  Well, of course it should be "hippy" and that is what it is.  After all, I can relate to that... being a child of the 60s and all.
My coach is small, only 26 feet, but I have found ways to reflect my theme even in such a small space.  Here are some of the things I have used to decorate.
The very first thing I put up in the coach.  Peace symbols on the freezer door.


These are peace plaques I put on my cabinets in the bedroom.


This is a wooden peace symbol that I decorated and painted and hung in the bathroom.


I put transparent peel and stick stickers on the overhead cabinets over the sofa and some on the wall as well.


I found a neat way to fill a space where a VHS player used to be.  Flowers and beautiful feathered birds in an orange bowl.

The last time I was at the French Market in New Orleans I found this beautiful Mardi Gras mask.  It has some of the colors of my coach so I just had to have it.  It hangs in the kitchen.


I found this lighted neon clock at WalMart and hung it next to the entrance.  Also hung some colorful Mardi Gras necklaces and a wind chime on a key rack.


From my rear view mirror I hung my Native American beaded Power Bundle that I made many years ago.  It's traveled with me for a long time while I was biking and riding with the local HOGS.  Also hanging is a Cajun doll made by a friend for luck and protection, which faces the road ahead.


On the outside of the coach I put some vinyl decals on the back storage compartment doors.


So far, that is the extent of my Hippy and Free Spirit Decor.  I'm sure I'll be adding more things in the future.

~~~~

One thing I liked about my coach's design was the overhead cab.  I had planned that it would be the space for my two cats and their stuff.  Well, that worked out well, however, I feel the need to have more head room for me in the cab so I took out the portion of the bed over the driver's seat and now I can stand up without hitting my head.  It adds so much open area that it almost feels like I have added several feet to my coach.

There is still lots of room for their cat food and water bowl on the left side.

And their litter box on the right side and carrier in the center.


It's hard to tell in this photo but there is much more available space in the cab for standing.


I found this great storage bag at WalMart.  It hangs under the TV and behind the swivel chair.  Great for holding my pens and pads and small electronics.  Also a place for my Native American rattle that used to be on my Harley. 


~~~~

Last week I came up with an idea for a practical use for the wooden RV plaques I make. 


I will get fellow campers I meet to autograph the plaque.  The front and back of the plaque can be used for signatures and it will be a great way to remember the people I meet along the way in my travels.  When this one is completely written on, I will fill up the next and so on.  Then when I no longer am able to travel I will hang these out on my back porch and enjoy looking at them and remembering.



That's it for today.  Thanks for stopping by.

~~~~
You have read this article with the title HIPPY DECOR. You can bookmark this page URL http://oscarthemaori.blogspot.com/2011/07/hippy-decor.html. Thanks!