Day off #3 (Whirlow Hall Farm).

Yesterday we headed to Whirlow Hall Farm with some friends as the farm was holding a craft fair and a BBQ/hog roast, and all sorts of other things. My friend Katy and I mainly wanted to go to pay a visit to the Jam Jar Beads stall to stock up on supplies and have a chat with the owner, Yvonne, who is lovely.

First stop was food (28 day matured burger type scenario) and then we headed to the crafts tent. We were confronted with all manner of weird and wonderful cupcakes, cheesecake, jewellery, furniture, trinkets, and candles in teacups. It was great! I am in my element in places like that, I just want to look at (and buy) everything.


We got a box of 4 cupcakes and promptly ate them right up. I had a cookies and cream cupcake with an Oreo on top and it was yummy. I couldn't finish it though. I had to go back to it a bit later on! (wimp) Jonathan had a lemon cupcake and said it was delicious.

I wish my baking turned out as good looking as this!

As we were full of cake we had a sit down on some hay (as you do) and watched a show involving Border Collies showing off their skills rounding up ducks. It was brilliant. Those dogs are so blimmin' clever! I am determined to teach Lily and Lola some tricks (wish me luck...)

Then of course we went on the hunt for some cute animals (the pigs were hard to find, but we literally followed the smell!)


I am such a child - I wanted to to put my fingers in!

It was a lovely afternoon and we managed to get lucky with the weather as it only started to rain as we were ready to head home anyway. Unfortunately it was a long way back to the car and we all got a little bit soggy.

It was a great afternoon and nice to see our friends. I spent the evening playing with my new purchases and putting jewellery together. Look out for it in my shop soon!

Have you heard of/been to Whirlow Hall Farm?

You have read this article adventures / diary with the title Day off #3 (Whirlow Hall Farm).. You can bookmark this page URL http://oscarthemaori.blogspot.com/2011/09/day-off-3-whirlow-hall-farm.html. Thanks!