WHEW!!! GLAD THAT'S OVER

Yesterday was a long day for me.  It started when my realtor called and said that she was going to have to leave for New Orleans a lot earlier than planned and if I still wanted to ride into the city with her I would have to meet her at 1:00 instead of 3:00 at our predetermined location near the interstate.  OK, not a problem.

Got up early, had breakfast, walked the dog, got dressed and left the house 45 minutes before I was to meet her.  Plenty of time to stop for gas and snacks to take along on the trip (I'm hypoglycemic).

Met Beverly and we took off for the city.  She had an appointment to have her car serviced prior to our closing at the title company.  We were in and out of there in no time and went to the nearby Mall and did some shopping.  Then it was time to find the title company office.  No problem.

Walked into a small waiting room that was filled with people.  Found a spot to sit and then realized these people were our buyers.  Yes, there were 5 buyers for my property.  Mom, Dad, 2 sisters, and one husband all pitched in to make this purchase.  The first thing the oldest daughter said to me was, "Bet you thought I was crazy for taking so long and having so much trouble with the banks and title companies in order to buy your property."  I didn't remark to that - just smiled.  Yes, it took almost 6 months for them to get their act together.

The amount of paper work and signatures needed for the closing was a riot to watch.  Five people had to sign documents concerning their mortgage of their property in order to purchase my property.  After about 30 minutes of that, it was my turn and we all had to sign documents for the sale of my property.  Then we had to provide proof of who we were by allowing them to make copies of our driver's license.  Then it was time for the checks to be handed out.  I got mine (minus the 6% realtor fee and the settlement charges including taxes owed for this year), the realtor got hers, and the buyers got theirs from the lender because they borrowed more than the asking price of my property.  Now everyone has some money.  Whew!

All in all it was a pleasant experience.  I handed over the keys to the property and a letter I wrote to the daughter who had the largest interest in the property.  The letter contained information on where all the valves were for the utilities, breaker boxes, etc.  I explained that I would call the utility companies and have my accounts closed without interruption of service and that they should call after this in order to connect in their names.  I wished them well and we left.  Went to a local restaurant and had a nice meal then headed back to Houma. 

Got home around 7:00pm.  My little Shih Tzu was so happy to see me.  I never leave her alone for that long a time and she was making weird sounds like crying and talking at the same time as she wriggled in my arms.  I soothed her and promised I would not leave her again.  Poor little Xi Shi.

So now I'm free to go.  No more excuses as to why I can't take off in my motorhome and go wherever I want to.  It's an exhilarating feeling.

There are so many things I want to buy like a video camera, pet stroller, front basket for my bike, screen porch for the RV, and weather radio.  I also have to get my leaky window fixed.  Called Camping World and they informed me that I have to take it to Dixie RV next door to them in Hammond (a couple of hours from here) for this repair.  I called another RV dealer in New Orleans (one hour away) and they informed me that they can not give me an appointment.  I have to leave the coach with them and they will get to it when they can.  Hummm... I think I will just have to live with that leak a little longer.  I leave for Texas in 31 days.


Called Dixie RV and the service tech informed me that he could take my coach next Wednesday first thing in the morning.  That would mean I have to leave my house while it's still dark.  Can't drive at night.  The tech said I could not stay on their site so I looked into a nearby campground and will probably stay there the night before.  It's only a few miles from the Service Department.

Looks like I'll be going camping sooner than I thought.



You have read this article with the title WHEW!!! GLAD THAT'S OVER. You can bookmark this page URL http://oscarthemaori.blogspot.com/2011/09/whew-glad-that-over.html. Thanks!