SMART WEIGH PROGRAM

Well I made it through the weighing process. The results weren’t too bad. On my GVWR I’m 1,000 pounds under the total weight limit of 14,050. On my GAWR-Front I’m 850 pounds under the total weight limit of 4,600. And for the GAWR-Rear (my overloaded basement) I’m 150 pounds under the total weight limit of 9,450. Whew! I barely made the grade on that one. I will remove some of the heavy items when I return home and not travel with them all again.


The right side of my coach is heavier than my left side. I find this strange as my slide and my water tanks and my can goods and my fridge are all on the left side. My right side weighs 550 pounds more than my left side. There is no place for me to put any more supplies on the left side of the coach to balance it out. I would like to move about 260 pounds from the right side to the left side. That would make it much more balanced but I have no idea how I’m going to do that.


My tire weight capacity is within safe limits. I have a Load Range of 2470 pounds for each tire. The duals in the rear come in at 2425 pounds on the right side and 2225 pounds on the left side - both close to my limit. The left front tire comes in at 1800 pounds and the right front at 1950 pounds. They’re good.


This Smart Weigh Program was the main reason for me attending the RV Boot Camp and I have to say it was well worth it. I learned a lot of life saving tips on tire safety and weight management these last two days and highly recommend the program.


Now it’s on to unwinding and having some fun.


This coach is driven by a solo lady RVer from Lafayette, LA.

This fellow travels all over the country in his van pulling his boat.

Little Caiche' is fascinated by all the people and doggies that walk around our campsite.

Bunny has staked her claim to this spot in front of the bedroom window.

Xi Shi loves meeting other doggies.


Oh... I forgot to post about this.

This morning while walking the dog I noticed one of the presenters doing a walk through with my neighbors across the street who were attendees and who just purchased their first RV.  He was giving them indepth instructions on how to hook up and back up, etc.  He is the same presenter that told me it would be better for me to take my specific questions to my dealership.  Well.... BUSTED!

I walked over and casually said, "I didn't know you made house calls."  He laughed and said that he didn't.  I replied, "Well I'd like you to come over to my coach next door for just a minute as I have a couple of questions."  A few minutes later he was there.  I didn't ask all of my questions but he did help with a couple.  However, he couldn't tell my how to drain my fresh water tank.  This is the third person who cannot figure out how to do that.  I was grateful that he came over to help.    

My neighbor to my left, Allen, has been a real help to me.  I noticed that my water intake regulator's screen was busted so he gave me one of his that he keeps as a spare.  He also helped me back in twice and has offered to help in any way he can with any problems I have.  He has offered to look at my fresh water tank drain and try to figure it out this afternoon.  Very nice of him.  I actually feel safe just being next to him in the campground. 

Everyone here waves as they go by and stops to talk to my doggie.  I like that.


You have read this article with the title SMART WEIGH PROGRAM. You can bookmark this page URL http://oscarthemaori.blogspot.com/2011/11/smart-weigh-program.html. Thanks!