Bridesmaid prep: part 1 (featuring Vivienne Westwood Anglomania shoes)

As my Sister's wedding in Las Vegas draws closer we have been getting ideas for hair, makeup, dresses and shoes for me as the one and only bridesmaid. When I spotted the Vivienne Westwood Anglomania + Melissa Lady Dragon Vi shoes on Sarenza not only did I think they were beautiful and perfect for the festive season ahead, but they may also be perfect for my Sister's wedding depending on the type of dress we go for, so I ordered a pair using one of my ambassador vouchers.

I decided to go for it and used my last ambassador voucher to get them. I took them on an outing into Leeds yesterday to try on with dresses where they received a bit of attention from the Sales Assistant helping me with the dresses I was trying on.


They look pretty on the website but they're even prettier in real life. Like my other Melissa shoes they smell amazing and fit my feet like a dream. I usually have trouble with slingback style heels as they tend to slip off my feet so it's great to find a pair that won't give me that trouble due to the perfect fit and the adjustable strap.

They're a tad darker in real life but it was difficult to get a good photo of them to reflect the true colour.

My beautiful Vivienne heart shoes c/o Sarenza

They're quite a luxury shoe purchase at £125 but if you're a shoe lover and like to stand out from the crowd you surely can't go wrong with these. They also come in red and they're stunning. I have seen a few brides opting for these shoes which I personally think look great peeking out from under their wedding dresses. Not traditional in any way but it's good to break tradition sometimes.


The Melissa brand is the darling of the design world. Their shoes, which are made entirely of recycled plastic are hypoallergenic and have no odour, have won over the world of fashion, the ecologically minded, and some of the biggest celebrities in the world. The infinitely pliable plastic of Melissa shoes has been remodelled by a crowd of creative visionaries, from Zaha Hadid to Vivienne Westwood, from Karim Rashid to John Paul Gaultier. The Melissa brand celebrated its 30th birthday in 2009, but it is far from ready to rest on its laurels.
You have read this article Sarenza with the title Bridesmaid prep: part 1 (featuring Vivienne Westwood Anglomania shoes). You can bookmark this page URL http://oscarthemaori.blogspot.com/2011/11/bridesmaid-prep-part-1-featuring.html. Thanks!