SURFSIDE BEACH, TEXAS

Left Livingston around 10:00 this morning and drove to Liverpool where I once lived in 1975.  I wanted to find a fishing spot we used to go to and the house we used to live in.  I think I found the bayou but I think the house was torn down.  The bayou water level was so low it looked like a drainage ditch.  The level must be at least 10 feet below normal.  Texas has sure suffered with the drought this year.

I left there without stopping because there was no place for me to pull the coach over on the side of the road.  I really wanted to bury a time capsule but maybe next time.


I left there and headed for the Freeport area.  Arrived at Surfside Beach around 2:30 and set up.  I am very close to the beach and have a great view of the Gulf which is raging right now.  It's very rough and windy.  There is a front coming through and the temps will be dropping.  No shorts tomorrow.

The view coming down the bridge to Surfside.  Awesome!

My little doggie had not pottied all day so took her for a walk on the beach.  She loved it.  She wanted to run all over the place.  I had to tell her several times to "wait" and she'd give me a look like "why?"

The view from our site.



Hammocks for two?


Nice beach house.

That's me parked right next to the office.

Got back to the coach and ate a very late lunch.  Am now ready to go to bed and it isn't even dark yet.  I woke with a sore throat and now have a fever so I'll take some meds and hit the sack.  Hope to feel better tomorrow.
You have read this article with the title SURFSIDE BEACH, TEXAS. You can bookmark this page URL http://oscarthemaori.blogspot.com/2011/11/surfside-beach-texas.html. Thanks!