Wish list (featuring Cornishware & Alessi).

Our move date is going to be thrust upon us any day now, after a long hold-up with various bits of paperwork going missing in the post and our Solicitors being very slow. To prepare for the move I have been clearing out cupboards (seriously Jonathan, you have packs of jelly 'best before' 2007!) and sending things off to the charity shops to get a new home.

If you weren't sure, I moved in with Jonathan a few months ago and shortly after we put an offer in on a much bigger house which would be perfect for the two of us, and Lily and Lola. We are only moving a couple of minutes up the road so we're hoping it will be a fairly smooth move, especially after my spring clean. We just want to take with us the things that we will use, and then buy new additions where needed to make our new house a home.

I've had my eye on a few things and luckily as I've saved a few pennies and Christmas is coming up I may strike lucky!

Cornishware: My parents bought Jonathan the Cornish Blue teapot last Christmas and we both thought it would be a nice colour scheme for our new kitchen, so we have popped a few things on our Christmas lists. A set of mugs would be great and the garlic keeper would be very useful as we consume lots of the stuff. Eventually we hope to have a full set - plates, bowls, etc. but it doesn't come cheap so it will definitely be a gradual collection.


Alessi bird kettle - If it is possible to fall in love with an electrical appliance (steady on now..) then that is certainly what has happened with this kettle. They do a stove top version for around £90 but I'm too impatient to wait that long for a brew, so I would opt for the electrical version which doesn't come cheap at around £125-£130. But it's so pretty. Look at the little bird! I'm definitely probably going to buy this very soon.


Cross stitch kits via Etsy: My friend bought me a little cross stitch kit a couple of weeks ago and I loved it. Since then I've been hooked. It is so simple and relaxing, and satisfying to see those little x's make a great pattern.

I ordered a couple of cross stitch kits from this shop on Etsy, so they're not necessarily on my wish list as they've already arrived, but I thought they were worthy of a mention all the same. They will hang in our new home somewhere, and I hope to make a couple of bigger ones with the supplies I bought from Hobbycraft today.


Wall stickers: I adore wall stickers. What a brilliant way to transform a plain wall and make a feature in the room, and with the vast array of designs out there you can pretty much have anything you like. I particularly like this pretty tree design via Etsy but I have seen so many that I like.


And of course, anything Pug related: I have seen a few things on Etsy but my favourites are these Pug felt cushions via Etsy which are absolutely brilliant (the only problem is I can't decide which one to get!) and this eyechart print which I am sure would be a great addition to one of our new rooms.


Writing this has made me so much more excited to move!
You have read this article home sweet home with the title Wish list (featuring Cornishware & Alessi).. You can bookmark this page URL http://oscarthemaori.blogspot.com/2011/11/wish-list-featuring-cornishware-alessi.html. Thanks!