Liz Earle (first impressions) & my skin troubles.

I have been suffering terribly with my skin for approximately 16 months now. All through my teens and up until just before my 26th birthday I had perfect skin with just the occasional break out. I could use any kind of skincare products, very little makeup was required to look human and I was fairly confident in my own skin (quite literally).

Then all of a sudden I started to get sore red lumps and spots on my cheeks and round my jawline. At first I just had a couple of them and was able to disguise them with makeup, but eventually they took over most of my cheeks and chin and were very noticeable, even with makeup on.

I tried all manner of ways to make them go away and nothing worked, they just kept flaring up and down.

I tried PanOxyl from over the counter at the chemist which is designed to dry spots out and reduce the redness. It was quite effective at reducing the redness but left my skin so sore and dry that it didn't seem to be beneficial to carry on using it.

I increased the amount of water I was drinking and improved my diet which was already pretty healthy, but this made no difference.

I vowed to cleanse, tone and moisturise properly every morning and evening without fail. I tried Eucerin and Botanics products which were fantastic and made a difference initially, then their effectiveness stopped as time went by.

As a last resort I visited the doctors and was prescribed a gel to use which made little to no difference.

Fast forward through time and fortunately I no longer suffer with the red lumps and spots but what I am left with are scars and the occasional spot here and there. After hearing so many good things in the blogging world about Liz Earle products I decided to place an order for the Hot Cloth Cleanser and the Skin Tonic.


My order arrived really quickly, even though I only selected standard shipping, and it was so beautifully wrapped that it was a shame to tear open the packaging.

My first impressions are that I love both products and I wish I had found them sooner! After just a couple of uses my skin felt cleaner than it ever has. The cleanser works so well and removes every last scrap of makeup, so that when I dab some toner on to a cotton pad and wipe it round my face, the cotton pad is pretty much clean. Normally during this stage I would still be trying to remove some last traces of foundation and makeup.

These products are more expensive than others I have used in the past, with the exception of Eucerin, but I think the prices are reasonable taking into account the size of the bottles and their effectiveness. When I have used up these bottles I plan to place another order and continue to use this skincare routine.

Hopefully over time my scars fade and my skin continues to look clearer and back to its old self.

Have you tried Liz Earle products?
You have read this article beauty with the title Liz Earle (first impressions) & my skin troubles.. You can bookmark this page URL http://oscarthemaori.blogspot.com/2012/04/liz-earle-first-impressions-my-skin.html. Thanks!