Beauty buys of the week - part 1.. Estee Lauder


These are the makeup/beauty products I have bought this week and I'm going to do individual posts about them as and when I have had chance to give them a good test!

On the right you will see Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation. I have been using this for the past few years and I absolutely love it! It covers all my blemishes and spotty business, it stays put all day and it has a spf 10.


Lately I have debated trying out something new. I paid a visit to the Dior counter and almost bought the Dior Forever foundation after hearing so many good things about it from a few bloggers. I was very impressed with it. It made my skin look great without being too heavy and it felt lovely on my skin. Unfortunately they didn't have any samples in my colour so I wasn't able to test it out the next day using my usual routine, which I think is quite poor considering the price of the foundation. So, in the end I went back to my trusty Double Wear.

My skin is quite blemish free at the moment and if it stays that way I will definitely purchase Dior Forever foundation at some point in the future so that I have the option to use both, perhaps the Dior as a day time foundation and Double Wear for the evening.
I also got a free gift from Estee Lauder, and as free gifts go this one is a very generous size! It is DayWear Plus which is a 'multi protection anti-oxidant creme spf 15'. The blurb on the website says it actively shields skin to help prevent lines before they appear - so your skin looks smoother and heathier, longer.

I have been applying the cream, waiting half an hour, then applying my foundation and I must say my skin feels great afterwards; really smooth.

As you can see my skin looks fairly clear here after applying the Double Wear and I just wish I could be brave and show you a 'before' photo to prove how good the foundation is!

What is your all time favourite foundation?
You have read this article beauty with the title Beauty buys of the week - part 1.. Estee Lauder. You can bookmark this page URL http://oscarthemaori.blogspot.com/2009/08/beauty-buys-of-week-part-1-estee-lauder.html. Thanks!