Mini-egg cupcakes (with chocolate chips) & mini-egg cookies.


Last weekend I had an empty Saturday afternoon so I turned to my faithful Hummingbird Bakery book to find a simple cupcake recipe to act as a base for my topping. They do a vanilla cupcake recipe which is very simple and easy to follow. You can find the recipe here.

I whipped up some frosting but I think I used a tad too much milk, so it wasn't my best. I mixed in white chocolate chips, milk chocolate chips and Cadbury's mini-eggs and spooned the mixture onto the top. My boyfriend is addicted to mini-eggs so they went down a treat.

Then I thought, why stop there!? I thought mini-egg biscuits could be a good idea.


The biscuit/cookie idea was a bit of a gamble. I haven't made biscuits since I was about 6 so I had no idea where to start. So, I turned to google and searched for "simple biscuit recipes" and found a couple of good ones. I spliced two recipes together and then halved the ingredients as I didn't want to make too many (complex stuff this baking malarkey y'know). This is one of the recipes which is very simple indeed.

Jonathan loves mini-eggs so I popped a couple of mini-eggs in each one. I didn't go overboard as this could have been disasterous and I didn't want to waste precious mini-eggs. I wanted to cut them into smaller pieces but I wasn't sure how they would cope in the oven. They look like little aliens or something but they taste yummy! Really soft inside and perfect with a cuppa!
You have read this article baking and cooking with the title Mini-egg cupcakes (with chocolate chips) & mini-egg cookies.. You can bookmark this page URL http://oscarthemaori.blogspot.com/2011/02/mini-egg-cupcakes-with-chocolate-chips.html. Thanks!