Jillian Michaels, I love you.

I've tried many a home workout in my time but none as effective and enjoyable as 30 Day Shred and Banish Fat Boost Metabolism by Jillian Michaels. Love her or loathe her, she sure does a good workout dvd!

I first came across 30 Day Shred last year and I got stuck in, until I stalled on level 2. I have dipped in and out of it ever since using levels 1 and 2 as a workout between jogging. Last month I purchased Banish Fat Boost Metabolism which has now taken over as my favourite form of exercise. It is TOUGH. It hurts. It makes me feel like I'm going to throw up. But I LOVE it! (I realise how twisted that sounds). I like it because it makes me feel strong, and I have to really push hard. I like being able to see and feel results, and I look forward to improving on each move.


The thing I like about working out at home is that you don't have to shell out for gym membership, or buy expensive equipment. You just need your body and some willpower. 30 Day Shred just requires some weights - I picked up this set last year and they've done me proud ever since. The handy carry case means you can take them out and about with you - I spend weekends at my boyfriend's house and do my workout while he is at ice hockey or sometimes while he just sits and observes the spectacle that it is :)

Banish Fat Boost Metabolism requires no weights - just a mat to support your knees if you are working out on a hard floor. It is a circuit-style workout so you can pick the sections you want to do (e.g. kick boxing, cardio or the plank exercises) or be a bad ass like me and do the whole workout from start to finish. If the moves weren't tough enough already each set is repeated so if there's a move you particularly hate or struggle with, it comes around again. I've got my eye on 6 week Six Pack for a new challenge!

In the words of Jillian, "this is not your Mother's workout"

You have read this article diet and exercise with the title Jillian Michaels, I love you.. You can bookmark this page URL http://oscarthemaori.blogspot.com/2011/03/jillian-michaels-i-love-you.html. Thanks!