Race for Life 2011.

If you read my blog last year you may remember I took part in Race for Life (Leeds) with my friend, Rose. It was a great experience and a good excuse to get fit and raise money for charity. I promised myself I would carry on running once the event was over, but alas, I stopped. I think it's a great idea to have these events to train towards - a goal is always a good thing to spur you on.

With that in mind I have signed up again for the Sheffield event which takes place in a few weeks time, and since I signed up last week I've been out jogging every night. I am determined to run the whole 5k so my training needs to step up a gear if I'm going to be prepared in time. My sponsorship page is looking a bit sparse so I'm going to be badgering my family and friends to sponsor me a couple of quid if they can over the next few weeks.

Jogging doesn't come naturally to me (if it does for anyone?!) but I work really hard at it. In the past week alone I have got my speed up from a snail's pace to a reasonable speed and managed to stop myself stopping when I get tired!

Have you done a Race for Life event or have you got one coming up soon?

Unfortunately not me (source)
You have read this article diet and exercise with the title Race for Life 2011.. You can bookmark this page URL http://oscarthemaori.blogspot.com/2011/06/race-for-life-2011.html. Thanks!