Day off.

I have had the day off work today. Not for any particular reason, I just needed a wee break and a long weekend seemed like a good idea. Jonathan is off work today too but he's watching cricket in Headingley with some friends so I have had the house to myself. After a little sleep in I had breakfast then popped to Morrisons to get a few things. I decided I would make a lemon cheesecake for our anniversary celebrations tomorrow, so I picked up the things I needed for that and some other goodies. I don't know if shopping on a morning makes a difference but my basket was basically full of food from the fruit, veg and fish section. I was all over it!

The topping didn't go as thick as I expected but 24 hours in the fridge should do the trick. The recipe I used is this one. So simple, even an idiot like me could follow it! I had a sneaky taste and it was lovely, so fingers crossed it turns out well tomorrow. I always make a mini version on a seperate plate to make sure it's edible before serving up the finished article!

As there are only a couple of weeks left until my Race for Life event (argghh!) I went for a jog this afternoon but only managed 2k before I headed home. Jogging is just not my forte, I have to admit. I find it so difficult. To make up for my disappointing jog I did a Zumba abs workout which was about 25 minutes long, and I felt better after that.

I wasn't too hungry at lunchtime so I had some salad with french dressing, carrot sticks and houmous. Plus a Green Monster to drink. I got full unbelievably quickly - probably the Green Monster's fault. I went back for the rest of my carrots and houmous later on. I could literally dip food in houmous all day long, and this caramelised onion one from Morrisos is awesome!

Right now I'm going to take Lily and Lola on a walk then I'm heading to Leeds to have tea at my Mum and Dad's house. If you spot a little white Smart car on the M1 give me a wave!
You have read this article diary with the title Day off.. You can bookmark this page URL http://oscarthemaori.blogspot.com/2011/06/day-off.html. Thanks!