Film review: The Invention of Lying

I went to see The Invention of Lying at the cinema earlier this week and thought I'd share my thoughts on it with you.

I love going to the cinema and hopefully I'll do film reviews on a regular basis as it may persuade some of you to see something different that you wouldn't normally choose :)

The Invention of Lying stars Ricky Gervais - who I love! - and Jennifer Garner. It's a comedy set in a world where no-one can lie, until Mark (Ricky Gervais) discovers he can tell lies! He then proceeds to use his advantage to gain money, a successful career and a whole host of other things.

At first it was really bizarre to hear people being totally honest with each other and speaking their minds. I definitely couldn't live in a world where I was regularly insulted or told if I was having a fat day! No way Jose! lol.

I don't want to spoil the plot or tell you what he lies about or the ending as that would be mean of me, but I DO recommend this film to you all. It's not necessarily something you need to see at the cinema so if you miss out then definitely check it out on DVD.

There are some really funny moments. The part where Mark and Anna (Jennifer Garner) have dinner for the first time had me in tears of laughter! My boyfriend and I both had tears rolling down our faces and had to compose ourselves a little :)

Ricky Gervais, in my opinion, is hilarious! If you haven't seen him in Ghost Town I really recommend that too. I prefer Ghost Town over The Invention of Lying actually. It's a film I have seen a few times now and I never get bored of it, and the same bits still make me laugh just as much.

If anyone has any cinema recommendations for me then please let me know in the comments box. I will watch anything!

xxx
You have read this article TV and film with the title Film review: The Invention of Lying. You can bookmark this page URL http://oscarthemaori.blogspot.com/2009/11/film-review-invention-of-lying.html. Thanks!