Very veggie

The weather has been so warm today that I have been totally off my food except fruit and veg. Hey, it could be worse! :) I hate it when the weather is so stifling and my little car is like a microwave! :( It's not fun!

For brekkie today I had a bowl of Special K (actually it was the supermarket's own brand which is around 1/4 of the price and tastes just the same!) with a dash of Soya Milk. I have stocked up on Soya Milk because I use it to make Green Monsters, although I would love to give Almond Milk a go next time. It's not as easy to find though. I wanted a Green Monster for brekkie but the supermarket had no bananas last night (no bananas!!) so I had to grab some today. By the way, the GM I have is the Virgin recipe. 1 cup of soya milk, 2 cups of spinach, 1 banana, and ice. Whizzed together. Yum!

I got hungry mid-morning but I was so busy at work that I didn't really have time to stop, and a cup of tea had to suffice. We have a chocolate box at work but not many people go in it and I don't want to be known as the chocolate box girl, you know?

I had a big ol' salad for lunch (a pre-prepared one) which contained lettuce, sweetcorn, onion, and carrot - it was yummy. I added some ham and a splodge of extra light mayo to make it more interesting. I would have preferred a vinaigrette dressing but I didn't have much time to put one together.


Tea was cooked by the boyfriend, but it was my idea, so a joint effort I say. We had peppers stuffed with garlic & herb Philadelphia with an added bit of onion sprinkled with breadcrumbs. With the peppers we had some new potatoes with a sprinkle of mint. One pepper would have been enough but they were very tasty! I ate them both obviously :) Plus I had potatoes left over to pop into a salad tomorrow lunchtime. Nothing goes to waste in our house!


My eating habits have really changed over the years. There was a time when grilled peppers would have made me hurl, but now I actually crave them! I also used to hate mushrooms with a passion but now I look up recipes such as this and my mouth waters! How times change :)

How have your eating habits changed since you were younger?
You have read this article diet and exercise with the title Very veggie. You can bookmark this page URL http://oscarthemaori.blogspot.com/2010/06/very-veggie.html. Thanks!