Weekend summary (& 5 good things)

With all the excitement of a day off work and holiday preparations I almost forgot it was Monday! Silly me. Today has involved a much needed trim (and a sad faced Victoria as I realised my fringe is nowhere near as grown out as I need it to be to do anything useful with it! Must persevere and grow it out), tidying the house from top to bottom, washing and drying everything we want to take on holiday, and this evening we need to pack it all. Plus before tomorrow night I need to give 3 dogs a bath, locate my passport, write a couple of blog posts and do last minute checks. I'm such a worrisome traveller!

I'm currently taking a break to write this and sipping on an ice-cold Green Monster. The spinach needed using up and it was looking a little odd but it tastes ok, I think!

The weekend flew by for me. It involved eating lots of yummy BBQ food, cheering on England (then crashing back down to reality after their RUBBISH performance), going shopping for new clothes and lots of sleep! The warm weather is welcome but boy it is so hard dressing for this weather don't you think?


Here are my 5 good things this week:

1) Of course number 1 has to be going abroad, somewhere hot and sunny, getting to see my Sister and her boyfriend (and their two new pooches) and generally having a good time!

2) I've had a couple of compliments lately saying I've lost weight and look much slimmer. Result! Recently I've been eating really well Monday to Friday (and not struggling. I've actually wanted to eat nice healthy things!) and on a weekend having treats, the odd takeaway, etc.

3) I had a money off coupon for my haircut, so the fact it looks pretty much the same as it did before doesn't feel quite so bad.

4) I'm feeling brave and have a maxi dress AND a maxi skirt for my holiday.They look fab, I just need more confident to wear new things.

5) After our holiday I have a few more days off work which is great because I've got loads I want to do - I want to finish de-weeding the garden and put some planters around the edge, paint the kitchen, go strawberry picking and perhaps go to Eden Camp. Love that place!

My suitcase won't pack itself! Speak to you soon :)
You have read this article 5 good things with the title Weekend summary (& 5 good things). You can bookmark this page URL http://oscarthemaori.blogspot.com/2010/06/weekend-summary-5-good-things.html. Thanks!