Owls and stripes

I have to confess something. The Next voucher I had been saving for a rainy day (well, for when I get my own place) was just too tempting to resist and off I popped to treat myself to some new threads. To be fair it has been a while since I've bought any new clothes apart from the odd Primark bargain, and after the tough time I've had lately I thought it might cheer me up. And cheer me up it did!

I went in first and foremost to get some jeans and I was pleasantly surprised to find a gorgeous skinny pair in the colour I wanted. I turned over the price tag... £18! I thought it must be some kind of mistake. £18 for jeans is a total bargain! I tried them on and they were a great fit. Sold! Next up I spotted this delightful little top with a colourful owl print. It's slightly cropped but not enough to show any skin, and has some ruching around the bottom. It looks lovely on! The perfect little top to wear with jeans.


It's my new favourite outfit. I love it! 

I also picked up a couple of things to wear for work. I got a gorgeous striped shirt which is the perfect fit and reminds me of something Jack Wills would sell. Finally I got a simple pair of bootcut black trousers with a button detail. The office I work in is smart casual, no suits or anything like that, so I stick to a shirt or blouse on the top and trousers or a high waisted skirt on the bottom.

I really rate Next at the moment - their prices are affordable (gosh I'm getting old!) and they have some lovely things - both smart and casual. I'll definitely be popping in more often!
You have read this article fashion with the title Owls and stripes. You can bookmark this page URL http://oscarthemaori.blogspot.com/2010/08/owls-and-stripes.html. Thanks!