Race for Life 2010

For those of you in the UK I'm sure you have heard of Race for Life which is an annual event for women to walk, jog or run 5k or 10k to raise money for Cancer Research. I plan to sign up this year for a 5k event for the first time ever - it will be the first time I've taken part in any kind of race since I did a 'fun run' when I was about 12 years old (I did quite well if I remember rightly).


Through the website you can find your nearest event, sign up, set up a fundraising page, find out where your money goes and also browse the online shop full of goodies.

Running is my weak point but I am determined to jog around the course (or at least most of it). Last night I officially began my jogging programme with my boyfriend as my trainer. I do feel sorry for him as he is quite good at jogging but when he's out with me it is pretty pants for him :) For my first session I did 60 seconds jogging and 90 seconds walking for about 2.2 km which I found hard but I did it which is the main thing! The 90 seconds of walking gave me enough time to get my breathing back to nearly normal. I'm not sure how the rest of the programme goes but I'm going to keep you updated with my progress. My main problem is that my asthma springs into action when I jog and I find it hard to take really deep breaths which sometimes turns into a panic attack if I don't keep it under control. I'm hoping this will improve over time!

I promise I'm not as terribly unfit as it sounds - but jogging is my weak point definitely!

I have kindly been sent some Cancer Research goodies which are fab - I'm going to include some of them in my next giveaway because I feel greedy keeping them all to myself!

Have you ever taken part in Race for Life?
You have read this article diet and exercise with the title Race for Life 2010. You can bookmark this page URL http://oscarthemaori.blogspot.com/2010/02/race-for-life-2010.html. Thanks!