Film review: 500 Days of Summer

At the weekend the bf and I rented a couple of films; District 9 and 500 Days of Summer (can you tell which one was his choice and which one was mine?) Everyone raved about 500 Days of Summer being really good and I missed it at the cinema so I couldn't wait to rent the DVD. I love Zooey Deschanel and Joseph Gordon-Levitt is gorgeous :) Plus I'm a sucker for love stories - even though this one isn't very conventional!


As always I won't give the story or the ending away because when I watch films I like to have no idea of the outcome and I'd hate to spoil it for anyone, but as the picture above says "This is not a love story.. it's a story about love". It's not the usual boy meets girl, they fall in love, happily ever after type film. The stereotypical behaviour of boys and girls has been reversed and Tom (Joseph Gordon-Levitt) is the one doing all the chasing whilst Summer (Zooey Deschanel) is the commitment-phobe. Normally I like her characters (Yes Man, Elf, Failure to Launch) but towards the end of this film I actually hated her!

I really enjoyed this film and I would recommend it to all your girlies and your boyfriends too (mine enjoyed it but I'm not sure how much was due to the beautiful Zooey..) I will definitely add this to my DVD collection at some point!


I don't know about you but I love Zooey Deschanel's style. She always looks so quirky and different yet really pretty. She makes me want to go back to my natural hair colour and get a fringe (I actually rocked that hair style at primary school. I was way ahead of my time!) Enjoy the pretty pics...


All photos - www.weheartit.com
Want to see what I heart? Click HERE. xxx
You have read this article TV and film with the title Film review: 500 Days of Summer. You can bookmark this page URL http://oscarthemaori.blogspot.com/2010/02/film-review-500-days-of-summer.html. Thanks!