Butterflies, meerkats, HUGE tarantulas and an anniversary

Yesterday me and my boyfriend were celebrating a year since our very first date. We agreed not to do the whole present thing so I wasn't expecting anything except a card but he got me Vera Wang - Rock Princess perfume which I really wanted so I'm dead pleased :) It came with a free gift of some temporary tattoos - haha. I am definitely going to give them a whirl!

He took me to a lovely park where we ate ice-cream and I pestered him to tell me where we were going but he was not giving anything away!

He took me to Tropical World which is in Leeds and I have never been and always wanted to so it was extra brownie points for him!

There is a little bit of everything at Tropical World; butterflies, meerkats, fish, birds, bats, creepy crawlies.. It was so much fun!

The meerkats were adorable. One of them was sat chilling just like Lily & Lola do.

Then we headed out for something to eat. We went to the restaurant that we went to as part of our first date, where it all began! :)

What a lovely day it was, finished off by a few glasses of wine and some chocolate at home with the dogs.

I was very impressed with my surprises.. normally I guess everything or he tells me beforehand so it was a really nice day. Hopefully it is the first anniversary of many more!

xxx
You have read this article adventures with the title Butterflies, meerkats, HUGE tarantulas and an anniversary. You can bookmark this page URL http://oscarthemaori.blogspot.com/2009/07/butterflies-meerkats-huge-tarantulas.html. Thanks!