Favourite reads

I saw this tag on Ellie's blog Ohmakemeup and thought it was a nice idea and so I have compiled a list of my own top 6 reads to share with you. I tag anyone who would like to do it!

First up, the Harry Potter series of course! A very predictable choice from me but they really are my favourites. The first book I read was the 4th in the series which was a bit silly. I had actually never heard of them until my Mum bought the 4th book from her book club. I read it on holiday, loved it then started the series from the beginning. I have re-read the whole lot quite a few times since.


Next is The Shining by Stephen King. I love anything by Stephen King but this book especially stands out for me as a favourite. His books scare the living daylights out of me but I still love them. The film adaptation with Jack Nicholson is one of my fave films and I recommend the book and film to everyone!


Next up is another Stephen King book The Long Walk which is one of 4 stories in The Bachman Books when he wrote under the name Richard Bachman. Reading this story exhausted me and the end confused me but I loved it and it stands out as a really good read. All 4 stories are great so the book is a great buy!


A girlier book choice would be Twenty Times A Lady by Karyn Bosnak. This is chick-lit at its best. The main character Delilah, hits her limit of men she has allowed herself to sleep with and decides to track each one down to give them another chance and see if one of them is "The One". It's really funny and a bit different to the usual chick-lit.. I recommend this one!


Intensity by Dean Koontz is just brilliant. It is set in a 24 hour period and it's full of twists and turns, gruesome bits, scary bits, suspense, and a psychopathic killer!


And last up is The Five People You Meet In Heaven by Mitch Albom. I loved this book so much. It's about Eddie who dies and journeys through heaven and meets..you guessed it, 5 people! They are all people who have affected his life in one way or another, some of them without him realising. Great book! I really recommend it.


I look forward to reading other people's lists!

V xxx

P.S. Kirsti over at In-love_with-makeup is having a giveaway so go check it out! Prizes will include St Moriz tan which I know a lot of people want to try! All you have to do is be a follower, tell her a fact about yourself and mention the contest on your blog. Easy peasy!
You have read this article tag with the title Favourite reads. You can bookmark this page URL http://oscarthemaori.blogspot.com/2009/07/favourite-reads.html. Thanks!