Life lately (through Instagram) #2

A couple of weekends ago I went to visit my parents in their new home as my Sister was home from the Isle of Man for a couple of days and Jonathan was away in Belfast watching ice hockey. As my Mum and Dad were heading back to the Isle of Man with my Sister on the Sunday we all had an early Mothers Day tea on Friday night. Their new house is great with lots of character and a couple of ponies that peer into their windows (they're owned by a lady in the cottage at the end of the lane).

After a good fattening up by my Mum on the Saturday I headed home and spent the rest of the weekend on my own catching up on some blogs and relaxing with L&L.

I'm really into cross stitching again at the moment. I go through phases where I don't do any but then I find a pattern I love and I catch the stitching bug! I usually get my patterns from Cross Stitcher magazine but I've ordered a couple of books from Amazon today so I'm hoping they will give me some inspiration (I love Etsy for PDF patterns too!)


Can you believe the weather we've been having? At the weekend I was taking pictures of horrible misty mornings, and on Saturday night (well, more like the early hours of Sunday morning...) we had a rather terrifying taxi journey home where nothing was visible around us and we ended up going up roads the wrong way!

Fast forward to this week and it is just glorious. I could get used to getting home from work at 5.30-6.00pm and sitting out in the garden in the sunshine. Our back garden is a sun trap so I'm looking forward to the months ahead if this week is anything to go by. Everything is much better when the sun is shining isn't it?!

(greedy Lola with cream on her face!)

Jonathan and I have got 2 days holiday left to use before the end of March so, as it's his birthday on Thursday, we have got Thursday and Friday off work. I'm looking forward to some lovely weather, spoiling Jonathan and spending some time at home with Lily and Lola. We also might venture out for a walk in the countryside somewhere and more than likely end up in a pub for a beer. Well, it is for a special occasion after all. It would be rude not to! :)

I hope you're all enjoying the sunshine (if you've got some!)
You have read this article diary / instagram photos with the title Life lately (through Instagram) #2. You can bookmark this page URL http://oscarthemaori.blogspot.com/2012/03/life-lately-through-instagram-2.html. Thanks!