Etsy treasury: sweet treats (featuring Raw Chocolate).

It has been far too long since I did some proper baking (e.g. not Rocky Road!) but to compensate for this I spend my time looking for homemade tasty treats made by other people, and I may have made a couple of sneaky purchases too...

All of the treats below are sold on Etsy but not all of the sellers are based in the UK. However, I think some of them do ship to the UK if you don't mind paying a little extra (and waiting).

Check out the detail on those hat cookies! They would be perfect for a special party in the Spring/Summer or a Wedding party.

I'm also really keen to make some mince pies myself (who says they're just for Christmas?!) so I'm on the hunt for some tasty mincemeat for the filling.

Also, as you may be able to tell, I'm a bit of a marshmallow fiend. I can easily eat a whole bag of the regular pink and white ones without thinking twice.

Top: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4
Bottom: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4

 Top: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4
Bottom: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4

Recently I bought a couple of bars of Raw Chocolate from Ailey which arrived quickly and beautifully wrapped with a little handwritten note. After a LOT of deliberation I went for the Cashew Blonde bar and the Orange & Brazil Nut bar. I didn't actually plan on eating both bars, I was going to give one as a present. I'm not sure what happened but both bars have been consumed in their entirety by me!


Raw Chocolate by Ailey Mae has only pure, high quality ingredients and absolutely nothing artificial. It is dairy free, sugar free and gluten free.

I'm not a huge regular chocolate fan but I do like to dabble from time to time, and I guess I was curious to try raw chocolate. Out of the two bars I preferred the orange and brazil nut. The consistency of raw chocolate is totally different to regular chocolate. It almost reminded me of ice cream, as it was so soft and creamy. I kept my bars refrigerated and would have a few bites at a time, with a cup of tea.

After reading the note that came with my bars of raw chocolate on why raw is better, I will definitely be back for more:

When cacao is cooked, almost all of the nutrients, minerals and antioxidants are lost in the process. Cacao in its raw state is actually considered a superfood - it contains over 300 nutritional compounds, it is one of the richest sources of antioxidants and is full of essential minerals - especially rich in iron, zinc and magnesium.

It even contains the natural "love" molecule PEA.

Most chocolate is made with cacao that has been cooked and chemically treated - it is also usually full of refined sugar, processed oils, artificial preservatives and emulsifiers.

Have you ever tried anything like this?
You have read this article Etsy treasuries / share the love with the title Etsy treasury: sweet treats (featuring Raw Chocolate).. You can bookmark this page URL http://oscarthemaori.blogspot.com/2012/03/etsy-treasury-sweet-treats-featuring.html. Thanks!