POVERTY POINT RESERVOIR STATE PARK - DELHI, LA

Left Lake Bruin around 10:00 this morning.  Got gas and some fried fish for lunch.  Got to Poverty Point around noon. 

This 2700 acre park has a man-made lake as well as the Marsden Mound Trails, a group of 5 earthen, Neo-Indian mounds, dating from the Tchefuncte through the Coles Creek civilizations and possibly later.  I'll try and get photos of that area tomorrow.


Rode around the reservoir and looked at the cabins - then went to my site.  I had reserved a pull-through site but had no idea what it would look like.  I was very impressed when I pulled into site #42.  It is the only site in this loop with shade.  It has a deck and a fence to seperate the wooded area from the site.  As I drove through the first loop I noticed the sites were close together so thought that loop two would be the same.  I really lucked out.

This part of the loop is really spacious.  That's me in the background.




Xi Shi and I took a walk around our area and noted several hiking trails.  We walked down into the one closest to our site but it was muddy and we turned around and came back up. 



Walked through our loop and found a few sites that are really secluded and private.  Sites 44, 45, and 46 have trees between them providing lots of privacy.

Sites 45 and 46 seperated by trees.


Later I rode my bike a little further into the loop and noticed a walking path to water near site 51.  I'll check that out tomorrow.

We sat out on the deck and I read for awhile.  It's cool and the sun is feeling so good.  It's a beautiful day.  I really like my site.  It's so private.
You have read this article with the title POVERTY POINT RESERVOIR STATE PARK - DELHI, LA. You can bookmark this page URL http://oscarthemaori.blogspot.com/2012/03/poverty-point-reservoir-state-park.html. Thanks!