Race for Life 2012 & my new trainers.

It's that time of year again when Race for Life announce their dates for 5k and 10k runs around the UK and I find myself signing up for the 3rd year in a row! I'll be taking part in the Clumber Park (Sheffield) race this year along with my friend Katy.

Thinking that there's no time like the present to get started on our training we headed out for our first jog together on Monday evening after work while our boyfriends headed out to play badminton. We surprised ourselves and did nearly 30 minutes of 2 mins jogging/1 min walking. It flew by and confirmed that jogging in pairs is so much better than going out alone. Not only did we feel safer but it was great having the company and I didn't get bored which tends to happen when I jog alone. So we went out again last night and did a full 30 minutes of 2 mins jogging/1 min walking (except when I lost track of the timer and some may have been 3 mins.. oops!)

If we can keep this up, gradually increase the jogging and decrease the walking, until the Summer we will be all set!


Nicely timed with signing up to Race for Life came the arrival of some new trainers from Sarenza. I recently ordered some new ones as my current trainers are looking a bit sad and sorry for themselves, and I haven't quite felt the same about them since I stood in dog poo (not Lily or Lola's I hasten to add!)

I spotted the Response cushion 20 w trainers by Adidas and thought they were actually quite pretty as far as trainers go. The addition of the lilac colour make them just the right amount of girly, and after a couple of jogs in them I am very happy with my choice. The fit is just right, they're really springy and comfortable, they don't rub at all, and they allow my feet to breathe. I can feel my toes getting blasts of fresh air as I'm running along. It's great!
Adidas trainers c/o Sarenza
I was apprehensive about ordering trainers online as my feet seem to be either a size 6 or a size 7 depending on the brand and I wasn't sure which size to go for. The returns process on Sarenza is very good though so I knew I would have no problems returning them for a different size if needs be. However, I didn't need to as I ordered a size 6.5 which was the right choice.

If lilac isn't your thing this style come in different colours. Sizing goes up to a UK8.

Do you plan to sign up to a 5k or 10k this year?
You have read this article diet and exercise / Sarenza with the title Race for Life 2012 & my new trainers.. You can bookmark this page URL http://oscarthemaori.blogspot.com/2012/03/race-for-life-2012-my-new-trainers.html. Thanks!