LAKE BRUIN STATE PARK - ST. JOSEPH, LA

MONDAY

Left Kincaid Lake around 10:30 this morning and stopped for fuel.  Rode around Pineville to see if I could look up an old friend.  Found her house but no one was home.  Headed to our next park.  Stopped to get something to eat.  Fried chicken... yummy good.

Got to Lake Bruin and was set up by 4:00pm.  Long day of driving and I'm really tired.  I like the campground as it is located close to the lake, however, the sites are REAL close together.  My neighbor's sitting area is right behind my coach.  I mean right behind - so I had to close my shades in the bedroom as I could almost read the book she was reading from my bed.


My view is great.  The lake is about 10 feet from my door and a pier a few more feet from there.  I reserved this spot because it looked like it was the closest to the lake on the website... and it is.  I also like site #19 which appears to be the only pull-through.  There is another site #1 which has a larger yard, a deck, and no one is up close to the site but I wouldn't be close to the pier.  I thought about moving but am too tired so will just stay here.

Site #1

Sure wish I had a fishing pole.  Everyone here seems to be here to do just that.  Fish.  There are 2 boats tied up at the pier and lots of boat trailers around.   This park is really set up for the RVer.  I like that.

Xi Shi and I took a walk around the campground.  She tried chasing a few squirrrels but never even got close.  We found our way to the boat launch and she walked into the lake and lapped a few drinks of the cool water.  I walked in with her and we enjoyed the experience.

My little water dog.

Took some photos of the sun setting over the lake. 



Tried to get some night shots of the pier which is lit up.



Having trouble uploading photos using the campground WIFI.


Long day and I'm ready for bed.


You have read this article with the title LAKE BRUIN STATE PARK - ST. JOSEPH, LA. You can bookmark this page URL http://oscarthemaori.blogspot.com/2012/03/lake-bruin-state-park-st-joseph-la.html. Thanks!