Race for Life - update!

As today was the day of the London Marathon I thought it would be a good opportunity to update you on my jogging training! Apart from the past week where I have been too poorly to exercise properly, it's going well! I feel fitter and stronger and I'm working on my main weaknesses which are my breathing technique and a dodgy ankle.

I'm doing a 'Couch to 5k' type programme instead of just going hell for leather and I'm hoping it is slowly building up my stamina. I cope better with a proper structured routine and I find it much easier jogging with my boyfriend who doesn't let me stop when I get tired because, let's face it, I get tired after about a minute! If you google 'Couch to 5k' lots of links come up so if you're looking for a way to introduce yourself to running then I would really recommend something like that.


I recently got some new running trainers because my old ones were nearly as old as me! They were doing nothing to support me and these Nike babies were a bargain. Plus I can't resist anything pink. Talking of pink, this is a Race for Life t shirt which was kindly sent to me and I occasionally wear it out jogging so people know why I'm doing it.

I have set up a fundraising page so that my friends and family can donate online which means the money goes directly to Cancer Research UK. If you would like to donate (which would be amazingly fab of you) then the link is here. As I said the money goes directly to Cancer Research UK and doesn't fall into my hands at all.

If you're taking part in a Race for Life event this Summer let me know which one! And if you see me at the Leeds one puffing and panting then say hi! :) Actually no don't.. that will be embarrassing! :)
You have read this article diet and exercise with the title Race for Life - update!. You can bookmark this page URL http://oscarthemaori.blogspot.com/2010/04/race-for-life-update.html. Thanks!