Film review: Avatar (3D)

I have no words for this film except "please go and watch it!" In 3D if possible!

Admittedly, I didn't know anything about the film before going to see it and to be honest I did drag my feet a little. I didn't think it would be my kinda film. Boy was I wrong! The first half an hour of the film sets the scene and gives you a bit of background to the story and it plods along nicely. The central character is a nice bit of eye candy too ladies ;) Then, oh my word, I was on the edge of my seat for the remainder of the film.

The special effects are out of this world! I have no idea how they created half of it - it's simply stunning and I urge you to go see it. I saw the 3D version and I can imagine that it won't be as visually stunning in 2D but that's just me speculating.

My favourite character was Neytiri played by Zoe Saldana - I thought she was brilliant. You may have seen her in the recent Star Trek movie or Vantage Point.

I won't say anymore or give away the plot but if you do go and see it (especially if it's based on my recommendation) please do let me know what you think! I haven't heard a single bad comment from anyone who has seen it so far :) I might even go again!


You have read this article TV and film with the title Film review: Avatar (3D). You can bookmark this page URL http://oscarthemaori.blogspot.com/2010/01/film-review-avatar-3d.html. Thanks!