Book review: The Secret Dreamworld of a Shopaholic

As mentioned in my post about books (here) I started reading this book recently and a couple of days later I have finished it. I have seen the movie so I knew the general idea of the books but I know how popular the book series is and I fancied working my way through them all.

I used to be exactly like Rebecca Bloomwood; I would buy everything I wanted even if I didn't need it. A lunch time shopping trip would involve going to Harvey Nichols and picking something new; a handbag, a scarf, sunglasses.. but then things got out of control and I learnt the hard way that the best way to be is to live within your means. If you can't afford something then you can't have it, simple! :) Because of this, about half way through the book I have to admit I got a little tired of Becky's constant, never ending spending and I found her character quite annoying.

That aside I enjoyed the book on the whole; it was easy to read and very funny. I will definitely be reading the rest of the series now that I'm not so annoyed by the main character :)

I was really happy with the ending of the book and the final letter from Derek Smeath really made me chuckle.
You have read this article book reviews with the title Book review: The Secret Dreamworld of a Shopaholic. You can bookmark this page URL http://oscarthemaori.blogspot.com/2010/03/book-review-secret-dreamworld-of.html. Thanks!