Monday summary

This Bank Holiday weekend has been so so hectic. This afternoon involves drinking tea, catching up with the blogging world and letting my Mum do my washing - thanks Mum!

We finally moved! The whole shebang started on Saturday morning when my Mum and Dad came over with a big van and helped us to move all of our furniture and belongings into our new house. Several hours and lots of bruises and sore muscles later, Andrew and I began unpacking and making our new place look pretty. We were exhausted but thought instead of making the process last several days we would get as much done on Saturday evening as possible, with just one little break to watch Over the Rainbow.

Yesterday I had chance to see my Sister before she flew back to Gibralter (where she lives at the moment, due to her boyfriend's job relocating) and then we got back into the swing of unpacking a little more.

This morning we were up at 6.30am to go back to our old place to clean and paint ready to hand it back to the landlady. It is fair to say right now I am exhausted!


How has your weekend been? Probably much more relaxed than mine!

My 5 good things:

1) Obviously moving house is top of the list. Not only do we have much more room (an extra 2 bathrooms and an extra bedroom to be precise!) but we also have our own little garden now.

2) This week is a 3 day week at work for me because I have Friday booked off to go to London to see She & Him. The thought of seeing Zooey Deschanel in the flesh is a very exciting one!

3) The bf and I have got our 2 weeks off in June/July sorted. We are going to have a little holiday in the UK and take the dogs with us, then we're having a week in Gibralter/Spain to visit my Sister and see some sights! Oh and a little sunbathing for good measure. This year is a fairly quiet year for holidays as we're saving to go to Florida again next year! Hooray.


4) I kinda felt a little bit like the blogging world was getting me down last week; it felt like a real effort to post things and to get involved and the negativity on Twitter kept rearing its ugly head. But, with the help of a Monday summary (cheaper than therapy!) I feel like I have found my bloggy identity again and all is well with the world.

5) My hair is getting so damn long! Oh and I'm growing my fringe out with the help of twisty french plait type things at the front. Hooray for getting past the awkward stage!

All photos - www.weheartit.com
You have read this article 5 good things with the title Monday summary. You can bookmark this page URL http://oscarthemaori.blogspot.com/2010/05/monday-summary_3.html. Thanks!